Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sunday Skiing

Working in the auto industry I work a lot of hours. Sometimes its kind of surprising how many hours I work.
On the other side of the coin I really appreciate my time off. In the winter there is no better thing to do with my kids than hit the slopes.

 Last weekend Skyler, Sierra (Skyler's friend), Jodi (Skyler's friend Sierra's Mom) and Cait (Pronounced Kate)  (Skyler's friend Sierra's Mom's Exchange student) headed out to Seymore Mountain.

It was a great day. Clear skies and 8 degrees.  I think it was the best ski day Skyler and I have had all season. Not to mention I  love the view from the top of Seymour on a clear day with all the ships down in the harbour.

Meeting Cait was a special treat as well. Last week was her first week in Canada! I think she really enjoyed skiing on the North Shore Mountains and found the views amazing. I think she is here for 3 months, so she may get a chance to get out skiing with us again.

I am always impressed that families like the Milnes and the Hulls(Kent from my work)  open their homes on a regular basis to these foreign students. I think it takes very special people to make this work and these are truly special families.

What a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment