Monday, November 7, 2011

Its almost here!

I rode my bike Sunday morning on Bear Mountain. It was a great ride on a trail named Lorax. Here is a Link to check it out.
Riding at Bear means a long push up to ride. It has no vehicle access to shuttle with. This also means the trails are always in great shape.
 As I pushed up the mountain I slipped on some ice. Normally this would be a disappointment as it would signal the end of biking season. But not this time. This also means it is almost ski season.
My first winter living on the lower mainland we had passes for Hemlock Resort. It is a great mountain with a variety of terrain for the kids and me.
This year we have passes to Mount Seymore.
It is a little more travel for us to go skiing but we can go more often with passes we have this year.
Driving last night back from Burnaby, I was reminded how much fun we all have driving to and from the mountain. My wife did not know we all take turns with the IPod and pick our favourite songs. Because of this, I can sing along with Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. But my girls can sing along with Gob and Rise Against.
It seems like a small thing but it is something I truly cherish.
 Bring on ski season!

No comments:

Post a Comment