Saturday, December 24, 2011

2012

First let me start off with my 2011.
This year has been a great year. This year I worked very hard to improve our business in the service department. With the economy the way it is, we have to work twice as hard just to maintain the business we already have.
We were the largest selling dealer of Chrysler vehicles in Canada. We were also the most successful service department in BC this year. I don’t have anything to do with the sales department but I do directly work in the Service Department as the service manager, so I am very proud of that.
Personally, we have had a very good year for traveling. We made a short trip to Seaside Oregon in the spring. We got up to Quesnel in the summer. We discovered La Connor and Destination pass in the fall.  Then of course we went to Hawaii in December.
Our children have made great friends here in Mission and Monica is volunteering at the kid’s school when she gets a chance.
I didn’t ride my bike as much as I would like to but plan to join the Fraser Valley Mountain Bike Association in the New Year. This way I can help maintain the trails we love to hike and bike on, and maybe get out for some group rides.
Now on to 2012
This year I am going to make our service department better than ever.
I recently read the book “Delivering Happiness”. This book spoke about work place culture, and how it is important to have a work place culture that focuses on customer service, sometimes at the expense of profits. It also spoke about finding your passion at work.  While we do a good job on satisfying customers in our service department, (#1 in BC), this year we are going to do great job!
While reading that same book, I gave some consideration to some things I am passionate about.
At work, I am passionate about selling and the selling process. I am also passionate about training. Taking great training but also training employees to be more successful in their career.
So this year I am resolving to do a better job of training and building work place culture.
I am also passionate about things outside of work.
I enjoy traveling and plan to do some more of it in 2012. This year I won’t be taking any big trips like Hawaii. But hope to get back to Oregon and for sure get back to Destination pass. I would like to get back to Edmonton in the summer and visit some great friends.
In 2012 I am going to do a couple things different at home too.
 I am going to dedicate 20 mins to exercise each day and quit snacking after supper. I’m going to need some help from my wife on the second one, she makes the best baking I have ever had, so it’s pretty hard to resist.
So thank you to 2011 and here is looking forward to 2012!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment