Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer 2011

It’s been a little while since my last post. A person told me” when you move to the coast you have to keep up with your laundry when it raining. Because when it gets nice out you make sure and do lots of stuff while the suns shinning”.
That’s some good advice and that’s what we have been doing.

I headed out to the stock car races at Agassiz. Many people know I’m a Nascar fan but nothing beats a local short track for close racing action. My daughter Skyler is a local racing fan too.
 Skyler, my brother Charlie, his girlfriend Emily and I took in the racing.  Shortly after they became engage so congrats to Charlie and Emily. I’m not saying going to the races encouraged that but I’m not saying it didn’t.
We have also been hiking a lot. Here are some shots from “The Woodlot” in Maple Ridge and “The Baden Powell trail” in Deep Cove.

People from Alberta and Saskachawan vacation in the lower mainland. My Monica’s family is no exception. We had Monica’s sister Kristen, husband Mike and their family join us for 10 days in July. The best thing about having people come to town to be tourists is you get to be the tour guide.
We went to the Vancouver Aquarium, The Britannia Mining Museum, Lonsdale Key, Stanley Park, Cultus Lake water slides, and did some local hikes. I even brought home a Supercharged Viper so the kids could go for a ride in a world class supercar.  I think Mike enjoyed that more than the kids.

So far we have had a great summer but there is lots to come yet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment